In preparation for the Second Annual African American Hepatitis C Action Day, we are asking your organization to support the day by agreeing to the following: sign-on as a supporter and host activities in your City on or leading up to July 25, 2015.
- One-day Summits – targeting healthcare practitioners, nurses, physicians, pharmacist, public health professionals, social workers and counselors
- Public Policy Town Hall meetings – to inform community stakeholders and policy makers of the impact of Hepatitis C within the African-American Community
- HCV Health Literacy - workshops and trainings to educate the community on the impact of Hepatitis C
- Outreach & Testing events- to as many African-Americans tested for Hep C and if positive linked to care and treatment
- July 25, 2015 – Third Annual African American Hepatitis-C Awareness Action Day
Your organization’s participation will help to ensure the success and impact of this critically important campaign—namely, increased Hepatitis C awareness, increased Hepatitis C testing, increased access to treatment for individuals infected with the Hepatitis C virus, and, ultimately, a decrease in the number of people infected with HCV.
For more information contact Melissa Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.614.0023 ext. 109 about participating. We look forward to collaborating with you on this effort. Together, we can help our communities get educated, get tested, and get the word out about HCV.