We can’t ever forget that the fight against HIV and AIDS is a fight by and for people. There are several ways you can — and should — get involved. (Click on the appropriate link at left for more information.)
• Tell us your story. Tell us about your experience, or the experience of someone you know. Help us put human faces on this struggle.
• Help us pass our signature legislation. One of our chief goals is congressional approval of the National Black Clergy for the Elimination of AIDS Act (H.R. 1964/S. 3011). Learn more about this legislation and find out if your representative in Congress is a co-sponsor. If not, urge their support!
• Attend an event: See our calendar to find an upcoming event near you.
• Get connected: Sign up for our electronic newsletter.
• Get tested: Learn where you can get tested for HIV.
• Volunteer: Help out one of our direct service providers. Or just tell us what skills you have – let us know how you can help us.
• Intern: Find out about internship opportunities.
• Join an affiliate in your area: We have 11 affiliate chapters in cities with high rates of HIV/AIDS — get involved! If there is no affiliate where you live, contact us about setting one up.
• Help find a vaccine: Right now, there is no vaccine to prevent HIV infection. But scientists are working to find one. To succeed, they will need people from all walks of life to support HIV vaccine studies and encourage those who volunteer.
More information about all of these areas is available in the links on the left. And maybe you can suggest other ways to get involved — contact us at email@example.com or (212) 614-0023.